2013年1月13日星期日

寮備埂寮傚 Stranger In A Strange Land_247

me as intellectual laziness, but I don’t argue with it-.—especially as I am rarely in a position to prove that it is mistaken. Negativeproof is usually impossible. Mike’s faith in his .Old Ones’ is surely no moreirrational than a conviction that the dynamics of the universe can be set asidethrough prayers for rain. Furthermore, he has the weight of evidence on hisside; he has been there. I haven’t.“.Mmm, Jubal, I’ll confess to a sneaking suspicion that immortality is a fact-butI’m glad that my grandfather’s ghost doesn’t continue to exercise any controlover me. He was a cranky old devil.“.And so was mine. And so am I. But is there any really good reason why acitizen’s franchise should be voided simply because he happens to be dead?
  Come to think of it, the precinct I was raised in had a very large graveyardvote-almost Martian. Yet the town was a pleasant one to live in. As may be,nike air max uk,our lad Mike can’t own anything because the .Old Ones’ already owneverything. So you see why I have had trouble explaining to him that he ownsover a million shares of Lunar Enterprises~ plus the Lyle Drive, plus assortedchattels and securities? It doesn’t help that the original owners are dead; thatmakes it worse, they are .Old Ones’-and Mike wouldn’t dream of sticking hisnose into the business of .Old Ones.’“.Uh ,jordans for sale... damn it, he’s obviously legally incompetent.“.Of course he is. He can’t manage property because he doesn’t believe in itsmystique-any more than I believe in his ghosts. Ben,cheap jordan shoes, all that Mike owns at thepresent time is a toothbrush I gave him-and he doesn’t know he owns that. Ifyou took it away from him, he wouldn’t object, he wouldn’t even mention it tome-he would simply assume conclusively that the .Old Ones’ had authorizedthe change.“Jubal sighed. .So he is incompetent ... even though he can recite the law ofproperty verbatim. Such being the case I shan’t allow his competency to betried . . . nor even mentioned-for what guardian would be appointed,cheap nike air max?“.Huh? Doug

没有评论:

发表评论